|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Host Institution Start Date||Approx. Host Institution End Date|
|NOTE: Students who having been accepted by Global Citizens for Sustainable Development (GCSD) to participate in their overseas mobility activity for Winter session: 30 June - 14 July 2018 (tentative) should register here.|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/Centre (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline, School of Property, Construction and Project Management|
|Program Type:||Global Work|
|About your Experience|
- Host Organisation: Global Citizens for Sustainable Development
- Program Dates:
- Spring/Summer session: 27 November - 11 December 2017
- Winter session: 30 June - 14 July 2018 (tentative)
- Availability: Multiple places available
During the WE BUILD program, RMIT students will be staying in basic, dormitory-style accommodation at Vedike. During the day, they will contribute to construction projects on the Vedike campus and/or in the local village community. In the morning, students will have the opportunity to practice YOGA and in the evenings, students will have the opportunity to interact with/teach the children in the Vedike children’s home through sports and educational games/activities.
WE BUILD also introduces students to Indian society and culture by focusing on three areas - culture, peace, and development. It focuses on Global Citizenship and engages participants in issues related to children's rights, education and poverty alleviation. Students will have the opportunity to visit homes and temples in the local village and spend one day exploring Bangalore city.
During the program, students will have the opportunity to work alongside students from other universities, such as the University at Albany / State University of New York and universities in India.
For more information, please visit the GCSD page and/or email: email@example.com. Please also visit the GCSD Facebook and Instagram pages (@GCSDIndia @VEDIKEIndia).
The cost of this program is AU$1,650. A AU$550 deposit is payable on acceptance.
This cost includes the following:
- All building equipment
- Meals whilst staying on the Vedike campus
Additional Costs to Consider, but not limited to:
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Additional meals/snacks
- Expenses related to arriving before the program start date and departing after the program end date
- Spending money
- Additional travel insurance
This program is currently not for credit.
- Apply directly to GCSD by for the Spring/Summer session by 01 October 2017 and for the Winter session by 15 May 2018.
- Pay non-refundable fees to GCSD for the Spring/Summer session by 20 October 2017 and for the Winter session by 25 May 2018.
- Pay total cost to GCSD for the Spring/Summer session by 10 November 2017 and for the Winter session by 10 June 2018.
- Successful students accepted in to this program will be required to register here via Mobi for the Spring/Summer session by 10 November 2017 and for the Winter session by 10 June 2018 by completing the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
2 X $650 GCSD Grants
To be eligible for these grants, students must be:
- enrolled in class/es at the School of Property, Construction and Project Management for the academic year 2017-18 or 2018-19
- willing to positively promote the WE BUILD program at RMIT both prior and post program