Programs > Brochure
GV | AIESEC
Melbourne, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Host Institution Start Date||Approx. Host Institution End Date|
|Rolling||2018||31/12/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
NOTE: Students who having been accepted by AIESEC to participate in their overseas mobility activity should register here.
The current application cycle is for mobility activities with a start date between 01 January 2018 and 31 December 2018.
** Indicates rolling admission application/registration process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application/registration deadline.
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
|Study level:||Postgraduate, Undergraduate||Program type:||Global Volunteer|
|About your Experience|
- AIESEC is a global platform for young people to explore and develop their leadership potential.
- AIESEC is a non-political, independent, not-for-profit organisation run by students and recent graduates of institutions of higher education.
All Global Volunteer projects have been created by schools and NGOs overseas partnering with AIESEC to enable young people from across the world to support tackling the Global Goals relevant in their local communities.
Costs of the program that students would need to cover:
- $950 Admin Fee to AIESEC
- Accommodation (Average daily expense is $5)
- Personal Spending
- Additional travel insurance
- NOTE: Students participating in approved overseas activities are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please refer here.
- Aged 18-30
- Current RMIT students
- Possible negotiation. Check with AIESEC team how to.
Step 1: Apply to AIESEC for the relevant program by the set program deadline (check AIESEC website/programs)
Step 2: Students accepted in to an AIESEC program will be required to register with RMIT by completing the following questionnaires 1 & 2 and click 'submit':
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information- Upload a copy of your passport
- Short Term Mobility: General Information (type "n/a" where it is not applicable for Q1, Q3, Q4 )- Under Q5 'Additional Supporting Documents', upload a copy of your Acceptance email.
Step 4: Log back into the system, accept your offer and digitally sign the student agreement and acceptance of offer
Step 6: You will need to complete the following questionnaires:
- ELearning Module Certificate Upload
- Pre-departure essentials