Programs > Brochure
ST | First Year China Study Tour
Shanghai, China (Outgoing Program)
GI - Winter,
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||College of Business (BUS)||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Minimum GPA:
|As per host institution requirements|
|Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)||Time of year:||Winter|
|About your Experience|
- Program Dates: 18 June - 13 July 2018
- Availability: 26 places
- 22 x First Year Business Students
- 4 x College of Business Student Ambassadors*
(* a separate Mobi application exists for ambassadors)
- Host institution: Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE)
- Location: Shanghai, China
This program is "Learning Business & Culture" and is hosted by SUIBE which is located in the attractive and convenient central business district of Shanghai.
Students travel as a group to Shanghai, with Business Student Ambassadors as group leaders.
Find out more details on the RMIT Googlesite CoB First Year Global Programs (You must be logged into your RMIT google account to access this site.)
Register for an In person information session:
Thursday 8th March, 1.30pm, 80.07.09
Register for an online video conference information session
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device: Please click below sesion to start or join:
Thursday 8th March, 5.00pm
Friday 9th March, 11am
*The above sessions will use the video conferencing tool, Zoom. Sign up to a free RMIT Zoom account here: https://rmit.zoom.us/?
First Year Students
- Currently enrolled as an RMIT student in the College of Business in their first year (no more than 48 credit points completed)
- Enrolled in Prices and Markets in Semester 2, 2018 (this is a requirement for your participation in this first year program)
- Have a current and valid passport, with at least 6 months of validity from the date of the program.
- Have completed all of the application steps as listed below.
- You must be an Australian Citizen
- You must be an Undergraduate student
- You must be aged 18-28
First Year Students:
1. Submit a supplementary application form detailing why you wish to take part in the program: First Year Program Supplementary Application Form
2. Applications will be assessed and shortlisted.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a group interview/task;
Friday 16th March, 3.00-4.00pm, 80.05.12 - or - Tuesday 19th March, 1.30-2.30pm, 80.05.12 - or - Tuesday 20th March, 10.30-11.30am, 80.04.18
4. Selected students will then be provided with additional info as to how to complete the SUIBE application as well as RMIT registration on Mobi (this must be done by 29th March)
5. Further information regarding group arrangements and pre-departure sessions will be communicated in due course.
Due to SUIBE's timelines, we have a very short application turn around time. All applicants need to be 100% committed to attending in June when they accept a place on the program on 29th March.
Application Deadline: 13th March
Shortlist Outcome: 15th March
Group Interviews: 16th-22nd March
Final Offers: 23th March
Final Commitment: 29th March
Enrolment and Academic Credit:
- You must be enrolled in Prices and Markets to participate in this program. One of the (additional) assessments for this course will relate directly to the First Year Study Tour. Further details on assessment will be provided closer to the program date.
These sessions will be held to go through preparation information and expectations. Flight tickets will also be given out at one of the sessions. A follow up session will be held on return to reflect on the experience. More info about the workshops will be provided in due course (dates tbc).
Selected students (ambassadors and first year students) will travel as a group to China as per the set dates (leave on 17th June and return on 14th July).
- Travel arrangements will be made on your behalf with a travel agent
- SUIBE package fee will need to be paid in cash by each student on arrival at SUIBE
- Students will be paired and accommodated with standard double rooms in the apartment hotel at the SUIBE Guibei campus.
- Free internet access is provided at the apartment hotel.
- Some meals included, however students should budget for daily meals.
- 22 x $3000 New Colombo Plan mobility grants. You can find out more about the New Colombo Plan here.
- The funding amount goes first towards covering the flight costs and the package fee (accommodation and subsidised meals: 7800 RMB ). Tuition fee for the SUIBE program is waived.
- Depending on the amount of involved expenses, there may be some student out of pocket costs if the scholarship does not cover all.
- RMIT Tuition fees for Prices and Markets
- Chinese Visa - You will be provided with a letter of invite from SUIBE to support your application.
- Additional costs to consider: meals, shopping, spending money (see www.numbeo.com)
- Additional travel insurance*
*Students with completed Mobi registrations are covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. Please read the insurance document to find out if you need additional cover for valuables etc. RMIT’s travel insurance