Programs > Brochure
ST | Media and Communication London Study Tour
London, United Kingdom; New York, United States (Outgoing Program)
GI - Winter,
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Media and Communication|
|Study level:||Postgraduate||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
- Tour Leader: Dr Julie Bilby
- Dates: 03 - 16 June 2018
- Availability: 10-12 places
You will have the opportunity to put your communication skills and learning into practice in a cross-cultural and international environment. You’ll be exposed to global networking opportunities through meeting with, and working alongside, industry partners and peers; as well as gaining exposure to global best practice and processes through first-hand experience, research and observation. In doing so, you will gain broader networks, exposure and industry experience, as well as opportunity to work in cross-disciplinary and intercultural teams, than would otherwise be possible. This focus of this global intensive is on preparing you for success as global practitioners.
The tour is open to postgraduate students enrolled in GRAP2495 Professional Practice (flex term 2018). You will be selected on a competitive basis, according to your accomplishment in your current Masters program (GPA) and your personal motivations, skills and potential to contribute to the project and team. Check with your academic advisor for more details.
For more information contact:
Dr Julie Bilby, Program Manager, Master of Advertising
PLEASE NOTE: The study tour will go ahead subject to numbers and viability. Until and unless you receive confirmation of your place on the tour in writing, please do not commit to flights or other travel arrangements that can’t be changed - just in case the study tour needs to be cancelled for any reason.
- Postgraduate (coursework) students in the School of Media & Communication
- suitable advertising and/or communication skills
- interest and/or experience in advertising and communication projects
- willingness to work in a cross cultural/cross disciplinary team
- readiness to embark on an intercultural experience
- Grade Point Average to date
This study tour will cost $4300 - $5400 (approx.)
- $1800 AUD per person for 13 nights hotel accommodation (bed & breakfast), Ibis Hotel, Central London (tbc). Twin share with ensuite bathroom* (NB This amount is payable directly to the accommodation provider by 15 March 2018 and will be taken as your deposit for the study tour. Details tbc)
- $1600 - $2400 AUD for Melbourne - London return airfares
- $900 - $1200 AUD for on-ground transport, meals and expenses
- Visa costs (if required). Students are responsible for making sure they have the appropriate visa (if required) and that their passports and travel documentation/permissions are up to date.
Additional costs to consider:
- RMIT tuition fee
- Personal expenditure
** RMIT student travel insurance:
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please refer here.
- GRAP2495 Professional Practice, 2018 flexible term (24 credit points)
STEP 1: Enrol into GRAP2495 in the 2018 Flexible term
STEP 2: Submit an application via Mobi using the ‘Apply Now’ button above by Monday 26 February 2018
To be considered for this study tour, students are required to include a Statement of Purpose (written or video) which addresses the following points:
- What communication skills and experience will you bring to the project and team?
- What is your interest in a global intensive experience in relation to your future career?
- What would you like to learn/achieve by being involved in this project?
- Are there any particular activities or learning experiences you would like to see included in the study tour?
STEP 3: Successful students will be advised by Friday 2 March 2018
For the 2018 tour there are:
- 10 x $1000 mobility grants available
- Each student must pay for their accommodation in full (direct to provider) by Wednesday 2 May 2018. This is the last day you can withdraw from the tour without financial penalty. Payment details tba.