Programs > Brochure
ST | JD Innovative Justice & Court Innovation
Auckland, New Zealand (Outgoing Program)
GI - Winter,
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Business (BUS)||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
Course: JD Innovative Justice & Court Innovation
Course Coordinator: Penelope Weller & Rob Hulls
- Learn about new approaches to the organisation of justice systems and the delivery of legal services.
- Develop your understanding of innovative justice, court innovation and affordable justice.
- Engage with legal practical issues that may accompany the adoption of these practices in Australia.
- Gain a uniquely global perspective on law and innovation and the influence of the innovative justice and court innovation practices in Australia.
Short term program Pre-departure workshop: TBC, you will be contacted with details
Pre-travel Classes: 23rd August
Travel Dates: 28 Aug - 1 Sep 2017 (Semester 2 mid-semester Break)
Post-Travel Classes: 28 September
Final Assessment Submission: Week 12 of Semester 2
Further detail on class and census dates can be found on the global course fact sheet, located here: https://sites.google.com/a/rmit.edu.au/gi-course-fact-sheets/
· Students will be required to submit a CV and a short personal statement of no more than 300 words on why they should be selected for this course by Monday 24 April 2017.
To upload a file in your application, in the associated section click the yellow file icon and select your file to attach.
· Students will be selected for interview based on their personal statements. Students will be advised by email whether they have been selected for interview and when the interview will be held by Monday 1 May.
· Following the interviews, a first round of offers will be made by Friday, 5 May 2017, with a deadline for acceptance by Friday, 12 May 2017.
· A second round of offers will be made on Monday, 15 May 2017, with a deadline for acceptance by Monday 22 May 2017.
· Only students who have been made offers will be authorised to enrol in this course.
Enrolment and Academic Credit
If successful in your application, you will enrol online into course:
City Campus - LAW2533 JD Study Tour (CIJ): Innovative Justice and Court Innovation
Open University - LAW2534 JD Study Tour (CIJ): Innovative Justice and Court Innovation
Which are 12 credit point courses.
- Be a currently enrolled Juris Doctor student
- Have completed LAW1019 or LAW2396 Introduction to Australian Legal Systems and Legal Methods
- Have completed or achieved the equivalent of at least 1 semester of academic study at RMIT at the time of application deadline. (36cp FT/12cp PT)
- Have one general elective available in your program plan
- Your previous Academic Progress may affect your eligibility for the GI course.
- Not be at Second Stage At Risk - if you are at Second Stage At Risk, you will not be eligible for this year’s global intensive course and it is recommended that you apply again after your academic progress improves.
Tuition Fees: RMIT tuition fees for a 12 credit point course. Link to fee information:
Materials fee: $291 M1641 (bus travel & 1st night meal)
Other costs to consider:
Shopping, spending money (see www.numbeo.com)
Additional travel insurance*
*Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances
If you withdraw after the Census date, you will still be liable for tuition fees, as per standard enrolment policy.
As this global intensive sits within the Semester 2 calendar, the last day to add and census dates will be the same as your Semester 2 course dates.
For the Winter 2017 term, the following grants are available:
3 x $1,000 Global Mobility Grants
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Mobility website for funding options.