GI - Winter,
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Business (BUS)||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
2018 APPLICATIONS CLOSED - TOUR FULL
Program Leader: Dr. Huan Vo-Tran
Mandatory RMIT classes (Melbourne)
30 October 2018
31 October 2018
6 November 2018
7 November 2018
13 November 2018
14 November 2018
Travel dates: 17 November – 30 November
Mandatory Post-travel class: 15 February 2018
Availability: 50 places
Monday 23 July 11:30 - 12:30 room 80.10.18
Tuesday 24 July 11:30 - 12:30 room 80.04.22
Wednesday 25 July 16:30 -17:30 room 80.10.17
Wednesday 1 August 17:30 - 18:30 room 80.03.10
Wednesday 8 August 17:30 - 18:30 room 80.03.10
Friday 10 August 17:30 - 18:30 room 080.03.010
Within this intensive you will be introduced to a range of issues related to the topic of business globalisation within a Vietnamese context. You will also be provided with the opportunity to work in multi and cross-disciplinary teams, and benefit from exposure to the ideas, knowledge and skills of peers from other disciplines, programs and year levels.
Capabilities developed in this course include the ability to:
» critically appreciate and evaluate relationships between global and Vietnamese business
» use reflective practice techniques as part of ethical management strategy for globally networked organisations
» work effectively as part of a multi-discipline, collaborative team
» make culturally sensitive business decisions within a diverse environment
- Approximate tour Costs: AU$2,500 *
* This approximate costs includes:
Return Airfare to Vietnam
Accommodation for 16 Days
Additional costs to consider
- RMIT tution fees for 24cps
- Material fee
- Host country visa
- Personal expenditure
- Additional travel insurance-Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. More information HERE
Enrolment and Academic Credit
24 credit points towards your degree
Assessment may include:
Group assignments including a presentation, reflective journals and reports
- be currently enrolled in an RMIT program
- be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program
- have completed or achieved the equivalent of at least one semester of academic study at RMIT prior to undertaking a global intensive (minimum 36 credit points for full time students and 12 credit points for part time students)
- have enough room for two electives in your program plan (24cp course). (if you are unsure, lodge a request here to confirm the number of electives you have left to complete)
- If not a College of Business student, you must have written approval to participate from your home College to ensure the electives will fit into your program. Please use this template.
- not have been deemed "at risk", your most recent academic progress will be considered
- not be at Second Stage At Risk - if you are at Second Stage At Risk, you will not be eligible for this year's global intensive and it is recommended that you apply again after your academic progress improves.
Click on "Apply Now" at the bottom of this page.
Offers will be made to students who meet the above selection criteria on a first-in, first-served basis.
- This program will have a unique "Last Day to Add" and "Census" dates.
- These dates will be communicated to you on offer.
- If you withdraw after the Census date, you will still be liable for tuition fees, as per standard enrolment policy.
- Students will receive a unique invoice for this fee, it will not be added to the regular semester invoice