Programs > Brochure
ST | Globalisation in Practice - A Study Abroad USA
Washington, United States (Outgoing Program)
GI - Winter,
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Business (BUS)||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
Course Coordinator: Dr Paul Cerotti
Availability: 50 places
Open to: RMIT Postgraduate students only
Mandatory pre-travel classes: July 27, August 24, September 21, October 12, October 20, November 10, November 11, November 17
Travel Dates: 5 January 2019 - 20 January 2019
Wed July 25 - 12.30 pm - 1.30 pm Room 080.09.010
Wed August 1 -12.30 pm -1.30 pm Room 080.08.009
Friday August 10 - 6.00 pm - 7.00 pm Room 080.09.008
Wed August 15 - 12.30 pm - 1.30 pm Room 080.08.009
Friday August 17, 6.00 pm - 7.00 pm Room 080.09.008
You will be introduced to issues related to business globalisation within a North American context. You will have the opportunity to work in multi- and cross-disciplinary teams, and benefit from exposure of the ideas, knowledge and skills of peers from other disciplines, programs and year-levels.
- Two week intensive course involving a cultural and historic tour of Washington DC, lectures by leading American business school professors at the University of Maryland.
- Participate in site visits and briefings from International Monetary Fund, World Bank, GE, etc.
- Optional visit to New York City.
Enrolment and Academic Credit
If successful in your application, you will enrol online into course:
ISYS2373 Globalisation in Practice- USA
Which is a 24 credit point course.
Estimate Tour Costs: $6,300* This cost includes the following:
Materials fee: $600
USA Tourist Visa
Additional Costs to consider:
RMIT Tuition Fee for 24 credit point course
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. More information here.
- Be currently enrolled in an RMIT Postgraduate program
- Have two general electives available in your program plan ( 24 cp course). (If you are unsure, lodge a request here to confirm the number of electives you have left to complete)
- If not a College of Business student, you must have written approval to participate from your home College to ensure the electives will fit into your program. Please use this template.
-Not be at At Risk - if you are at At Risk, you will not be eligible for this year’s global intensive course and it is recommended that you apply again after your academic progress improves.
-Offers will be made to students who meet the above selection criteria on a first-in, first-served basis.
Step 1. Click on "Apply Now" at the bottom of this page.
You do not need to fill in the questionnaires at this stage*.
*The exception is if you are not a College of Business student. You must have written approval to participate from your home College to ensure the electives will fit into your program. Please use this template and upload it to your Mobi application.
Step 2:Once your application has been submitted, we will get in touch within a week to confirm that we have received your application.
Please note that applications will be assessed after Semester 1 results are released on 9th July 2018. Consider until 16th July to get an outcome of your application.
- This program will have a unique "Last Day to Add" and "Census" dates.
- Census Date: TBD
- If you withdraw after the Census date, you will still be liable for tuition fees, as per standard enrolment policy.
- Students will receive a unique invoice for this fee, it will not be added to the regular semester invoice
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.