Programs > Brochure
STP | Summer in Colombia (La Sabana University)
Chia, Colombia (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
GI - Winter,
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||Program type:||Global Summer Programs|
|Time of year:||Summer|
|About your Experience|
- Host institution: La Sabana University
- Program Dates: 21 January - 15 Feb 2019
- Availability: 10 x places available
The program is the perfect chance to dive into Colombian culture and Spanish studies as you will stay with a Colombian family while participating in the program and have the opportunity to join La Sabana's buddy program. There will be numerous cultural activities in Bogotá and its surroundings. See here for more information.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to undergraduate students with an elective, running during the Melbourne summer semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two electives or core courses outside the main semesters.
- All undergraduate students (with an elective available)
- GPA 2.0 (flexible)
- Negotiation Skills and Strategies: Reaching Agreements in Latin America
- Latin American Fashion: Growth, Evolution And Opportunities
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Manager. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
Cost for this program is approximately: $US2000
- Airport pick up
- Welcome lunch
- City tour of Bogota
- Program fees
- Transport to and from activities, guides and entrance
- Home-stay accommodation (Includes individual bedroom, breakfast, dinner and laundry service once a week or washer available on site)
- Farewell Lunch
- RMIT tuition fee
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
Home-stay accommodation in Bogota.
Application and selection process
STEP 1: Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT School / Program Manager and seek study plan approval (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
STEP 2: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 1 November 2018
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
STEP 4: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by mid-November 2018
For Summer 2018/19 the following grants are available:
- 3 x $1000 Grants available
Global Mobility Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980