Programs > Brochure
Global Mobility Registration: Other Short Programs
Melbourne, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Host Institution Start Date||Approx. Host Institution End Date|
|Rolling||2017||31/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
NOTE: Students who are undertaking a overseas mobility activity not listed on Mobi should register here.
The current application cycle is for mobility activities with a start date between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/Centre (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||Program Type:||Self sourced - Mobility Registration|
|About your Experience|
If you are participating in an overseas activity or program that isn't listed on our Mobi portal, please register your details by clicking APPLY NOW in the top right hand corner.
Use this registration form for the following overseas activities and programs:
- Clinical Placements
- Conference attendance/ Presentations
- Study Abroad short courses (NOT semester programs)
- RMIT Vietnam short courses (NOT semester programs)
- Any other individual activities
- Receive complimentary RMIT travel insurance for the duration of your approved program.
- Access our online Pre-departure module for travel and risk awareness.
- Receive access to the International SOS support service.
- Ensure RMIT has a record of all students participating in RMIT approved overseas programs.
- If you have an approved Study Plan for your mobility activity, you will receive the Study Abroad EXTL course code/s to enrol into.
Step 1: Register via Mobi
- Complete the Global Mobility Registration: Other Short Programs by clicking APPLY NOW in the top right hand corner.
- If you wish to receive academic credit for the activity, you must complete the Study Plan and request approval from your Program Coordinator (or Business Central for all Business students). This must be uploaded to- Questionnaire 2: Short-Term Mobility: General Information (Item 3: Academic Approval) in your registration.
- To receive RMIT's complimentary travel insurance, your program must be APPROVED by your School. This can be a letter of support (or your approved Study Plan if you are receiving academic credit). This must be uploaded to- Questionnaire 2: Short-Term Mobility: General Information (Item 3: Academic Approval) in your registration.
- Your registration will be reviewed by the Global Experience Office and if complete, your status will change to 'Accepted by RMIT'.
- You will receive an email from the Global Experience Office advising to complete the next steps.
- You will be required to accept the terms and conditions of the program and change your status to 'Committed'.
- Register here for your International SOS account (using your RMIT student email address).
- Once you have completed the three modules, upload a copy of your completed certificate to your Mobi portal.
- Go to MyTrips tool by clicking on this link
- Create a user account by clicking on New User? Register here link
- If you choose to forward your itinerary confirmation email to MyTrips@travelsecurity.com mailbox, please make sure to set up your MyTrips username by using the email address where you normally receive the trip confirmation emails (You must forward the itineraries from the same email which you signup to MyTrips)
- If you have submitted an approved Study Plan with your registration, you will receive the Study Abroad EXTL enrolment course code/s to enrol into.
- Follow the instructions provided to you to complete your enrolment.
There are currently no RMIT Global Mobility grants available. Please check the Scholarships website and information on OS-Help for alternative funding options.