Course Coordinator: Cathryn Nolan
( Please login to Gmail with your RMIT email account to access this brochure).
- Gain insight into a developing country through in-country visits to industry and government, as well as exposure to Asian politics, government, economics, business, culture and the law.
- Develop a range of perspectives and skills to improve your understanding of the complexities of managing a business in a developing country in Asia.
- Understand management and leadership approaches used within Vietnam and how it defers with strategies used in Australian organisations.
- Examine the working of the Vietnamese government and how legal and business practices related to infrastructure development in a developing country are facilitated.
24 June - 3 July
Final Assessment Submission:
Enrolment and Academic Credit
If successful in your application, you will enrol online into course:
BUSM4119 Asian Management Issues
Which is a 12 credit point course.
Approximate tour cost: AU $2,500*
*This approximate cost considers the following
Additional costs to consider
- Ground transport
- RMIT tuition fees for a 12 credit point course
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- Additional travel insurance - Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. More information
- Be currently enrolled in an RMIT Postgraduate (coursework) program
- Have one general electives available in your program plan ( 12cp course)
- If not a College of Business student, have written approval to participate from your home College
to ensure the electives will fit into your program.
- Not be at Second Stage At Risk - if you are at Second Stage At Risk, you will not be eligible for this year’s global intensive course and it is recommended that you apply again after your academic progress improves.
This program will have an unique "Last Day to Add" and "Census" dates. These dates will be communicated to you on offer.
If you withdraw after the Census date, you will still be liable for tuition fees, as per standard enrolment policy.
You will forfeir your deposit if withdrawing after paying your deposit to the travel agent.
Application and Selection process
:Register via Mobi by clicking on 'Apply Now'
Select the 'Winter 2018' term
You do not need to fill in the questionnaires at this stage.
The exception is if you are not a College of Business student. You must have written approval to participate from your home College to ensure the electives will fit into your program. Please use this template
and upload it to your Mobi application.
:Once your application has been submitted, we will get in touch within a week of your application to confirm the next steps!
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Mobility website
for funding options.