Programs > Brochure
STP | Summer in Mexico (UDLAP Spanish Immersion Program)
San Andres Cholula, Mexico (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||Program type:||Global Winter Programs|
|About your Experience|
- Host institution: UDLAP
- Program dates: 26 June – 25 July 2018
- Availability: TBC
See here for more information, including its associated social and cultural activities.
This short-term program, running during the Melbourne winter mid-semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two undergraduate elective or core course outside the main semesters.
- RMIT undergraduate students
- Students must complete an online Spanish course to determine your appropriate level
Students will need to choose one or two courses below, depending on your language proficiency:
- EPE0111-Español I: Lengua y Comunicación
- EPE0121-Español I: Conversación y composición
NOTE: May session only – only RMIT students with no exams can attend this session
- EPE0211-Español II: Lengua y Comunicación
- EPE0231-Español II: Cultura Mexicana
- EPE0321-Español III: Manifestaciones Culturales del Mundo Hispano
For further information on courses check the Course Descriptions
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 6 ECTS is usually considered 12 RMIT credit points
UDLAP may waive the following costs for RMIT students
- Tuition fee
- Airport pickup $US25
- RMIT tuition fee
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please see here.
Home-stay or dormitory accommodation is possible. See here for more information.
Application and selection process
STEP 1: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 3 April 2018
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT school-approved study plan. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 2: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
STEP 3: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete a POSTAL application to the host institution by 13 April 2018
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
Global Mobility Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980