- Host institution: ECE Paris
- Program dates: 2 – 26 July 2018
- Availability: 10 exchange places for 2019 TBC
Study Engineering in English in Paris this winter! Immerse yourself in French culture while gaining credit towards your degree. In this four week program, you will not only take academic courses, but also participate in cultural visits and activities.
See here for more information.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to Environmental and Computer Engineering and Information Technology students, running during the Melbourne winter mid-semester break; this will allow students to complete one or two undergraduate electives or core courses outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at ECE
- RMIT undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) students from the College of Science, Engineering and Health
- At least 2 years’ study completed
- Students must meet any course pre-requisites
Students choose one ‘certificate program’ from the following list:
See here for more information.
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the partner.
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- Each ECE ‘certificate program’ is worth 8-9 ECTS (12 credit points)
NOTE: this program is part of a reciprocal exchange agreement; if selected you will enrol into EXTL placeholder courses
for which you will pay tuition fees to RMIT.
** RMIT student travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to RMIT (under current fee arrangement e.g. HECS-HELP etc)
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- See more information about RMIT fees here
|These are costs charged by the host uni for any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- See here for more information about program fees for this program
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. Please see here
for more information.
ECE Paris offers a variety of accommodation options for students including Student Residences, Apartments and Homestay. For more accommodation details click here
Application and selection process
STEP 2: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 17 March 2019
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
STEP 4: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 15 May 2019
For Winter 2019 the following grants are available:
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980