Programs > Brochure
STP | Summer in Paris (ECE Paris Engineering Programs)
Paris, France (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC), Science, Engineering & Health (SEH)||Study level:||Postgraduate, Undergraduate|
|Program type:||Global Winter Programs|
|About your Experience|
- Host institution: ECE Paris
- Program dates: 2 – 26 July 2018
- Availability: 13 exchange (fee waiver) places for 2018
See here for more information.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to Environmental and Computer Engineering and Information Technology students, running during the Melbourne winter mid-semester break; this will allow students to complete one or two electives or core courses outside the main semesters.
- RMIT undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) students
- Students must meet pre-requisites, as outlined in the course details below.
Students choose one ‘certificate program’ from the following:
- Augmented Virtual Reality
- Energy Efficiency Renewable Energies
- Energy Transition
- First Step in Creating an IoT Startup
- Operating Systems
- Web Application Development
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- Each ECE ‘certificate program’ is worth 8-9 ECTS (12 credit points)
ECE Paris has waived the following costs for 13 RMIT students
- Tuition fee (€1850)
- RMIT tuition fee
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. Please see here for more information.
ECE Paris offers a variety of accommodation options for students including Student Residences, Apartments and Homestay. For more accommodation details click here
Application and selection process
STEP 1: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 15 April 2018
Your application must include:
- Your RMIT school-approved study plan. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: If nominated, you will then be contacted by the Global Experience Office, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 1 May 2018
For Winter 2018 the following grants are available:
Global Mobility Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980