Programs > Brochure
ST | Communication for Sustainable Development
Bangkok, Thailand (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Media and Communication|
|Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)||Time of year:||Winter|
|About your Experience|
- Program Leader: Judy Burnside-Lawry
- Program Dates: From 23 July up to 23 October 2017
Note: start dates are flexible according to student needs.
- Availability: 4 places
- Four week internship for four communication students is offered by UNEP Bangkok.
- Advance your knowledge and skills in the use of media and communication to advance sustainable development and social change within developing communities.
- Expose yourself to challenges of social and environmental issues affecting development in the Asia Pacific region.
- Learn how media and communication can be used to inform, engage and motivate behavioural change to build sustainable projects.
- Accommodation is provided at no cost to the students by UNEP.
The approximate cost of this program is AU$1,000.
This cost includes airfare only.
Additional Costs to Consider:
- Personal Expenditure
- RMIT Tuition Fees
- Host Country Visa (if applicable)
- This program is open to students in MC080 or MC248 (Master of Communications)
- Gain up to 24 credit points towards your degree.
- Enroll into GRAP2495 Professional Project or COMM2666 Strategic Communication Management.
For the Winter 2017 term, the following grants are available:
- 4 x $1,000 Global Mobility Grants