Programs > Brochure
ST | Intercultural Collaborative Creative Writing Studio
Guangzhou, China; Yangshou, China (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Media and Communication|
|Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)||Time of year:||Spring|
|About your Experience|
- Tour Leader: Francesca Rendle-Short
- Program Dates: 20 - 30 November 2017
- Availability: 18 places
- This program connects RMIT University writing students in Melbourne with Sun Yat-sen University creative writing students in Guangzhou. It will introduce students to Chinese culture in a direct way through the sharing of stories. You will experience a face-to-face dialogue with other young people like yourself, that incorporates shared knowledge, creativity, skills and cultural perspectives. In addition, you will engage with local social and cultural institutions and community.
- This program also gives students who wouldn’t normally work with each other face to face, the opportunity to explore culture through story, workshops, writing together, and shared cultural experiences. It is underpinned by principles of mutual respect and desire for genuine exchange.
Successful students will receive one of the prestigious New Colombo Plan $3000 scholarships which will help to cover the costs for this program such as:
- Food and Cultural Tour
- RMIT Tuition Fee
- Personal Expenditure
- This program is open to Second Year students in the Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing).
- Gain up to 24 credit points towards your degree.
- Enroll into COMM2650 Creative Writing Studio: Collaborations
Students need to:
- apply by 26 April 2017 to be part of this global intensive
- submit the following documents under the "2. Short Term Mobility: General Information" questionnaire :
- Up-to-date CV with full contact details
- 200 word statement of purpose outlining the following:
- Why would you like to be a part of this global intensive?
- How do you intend to share what is discovered on this global intensive with others?
- 1000 word sample of your creative writing
For the Spring 2017 term, there are:
- 18 x $3,000 New Colombo Plan Scholarships