Programs > Brochure
STP | Summer in Shanghai (SUIBE)
Shanghai, China (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Business (BUS)||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Minimum GPA:
|As per host institution requirements|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10006Language of instruction:
|English, Mandarin||Program type:||Global Winter Programs|
|About your Experience|
Only College of Business Student Ambassadors who have been selected by the Business Enrichment Team should proceed with their registration here.
- Dates: 18 June to 13 July 2018
- Availability: up to 4 fee and accommodation waiver places
- Host institution: Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE)
- Location: Shanghai, China
This program is "Learning Business & Culture" and is hosted by SUIBE which is located in the attractive and convenient central business district of Shanghai.
Students travel as a group to Shanghai, with Business Student Ambassadors as group leaders.
For detailed program information, check Shanghai Summer School 2018 for RMIT Ambassadors.
- Open to College of Business Student Ambassadors only
- This summer program is not for credits. There is no course syllabus for this program apart from from the 3S program information.
Selected students (ambassadors and first year students) will travel as a group to China as per the set dates (leave on 17th June and return on 14th July).
- Travel arrangements will be made on your behalf with a travel agent
- SUIBE package fee (tuition and accommodation) will be waived by SUIBE
Accommodation is covered from start to end date of the summer program (17 June to 14 July 2018). Students will be paired and accommodated with standard double rooms in the apartment hotel at Gubei campus. Free internet access is provided.
Additional costs to consider but not limited to:
- Chinese Visa - You will be provided with a letter of invite from SUIBE to support your application.
- Expenses related to arriving before set program start date and departing after set program end date
- Additional costs to consider: meals, shopping, spending money (see www.numbeo.com)
- Additional travel insurance
**Students with completed Mobi registrations are covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. Please read the insurance document to find out if you need additional cover for valuables etc. RMIT’s travel insurance
1. Students are required to include the 2018-Application form for RMIT.doc for the 3S program.
* Upload your document in PDF format to Questionnaires > 2. Short Term Mobility: General Information > 5. Additional Supporting Documents
2. Complete your application on Mobi by clicking on the above "Apply now" button by 20 April 2018.
3. RMIT Global Experience Office will assist the selected Students Ambassadors with their applications to SUIBE by 20 April 2018.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.