- Host institution: ESSCA Graduate School of Management
- Program dates: 17 June – 14 July 2019
- Availability: 5 - 10 RMIT students
An intensive 4 week program designed for Postgraduate students including course work, company visits and field work, hosted at ESSCA’s campus in beautiful Budapest.
for more information about the program, including its industry visits.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to RMIT MBA students, running during the winter mid-semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two courses outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at ESSCA
- RMIT postgraduate students per option (see below)
- GPA of 2.0 required
Students have to choose one of two course pairing options:
|Human Centered Management and Leadership
|Economic and Business Opportunities between Europe and Asia
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the partner.
Academic credit at RMIT
|International Marketing and Logistics
|Self Leadership (Personal and Role development)
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Academic Area. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 12 ECTS credits, (45 hours/6 ECTS for each course) can be approved for up to 24 RMIT credit points.
NOTE: this program is part of a reciprocal exchange agreement; if selected you will enrol into EXTL placeholder courses
for which you will pay tuition fees to RMIT.
** Travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to RMIT (under current fee arrangement e.g. HECS-HELP etc)
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- See more information about RMIT fees here
|These are costs charged by the host uni for any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Accommodation (approx. 500€)
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here
Accommodation is not provided, but ESSCA provide help in searching for accommodation.
Application and selection process
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
STEP 4: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 10 April 2019
For Winter 2019 the following grants are available:
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980