Indonesian Language Short Course (ILSC) Details:
ACICIS (hosted by Satya Wacana Christian University
Session 1: 04 January - 26 January 2019
Session 2: 25 January - 16 February 2019
Session 3: 28 June - 20 July 2019
The 3 week Indonesian Language Short Course (ILSC) provides intensive Indonesian language training for students from beginner to advanced levels.
?The program consists of intensive Indonesian language tuition incorporating language classes, cultural classes, and field trips.
Students may take either a single three-week course (approximately 140 hours total time commitment), or two consecutive three-week courses to create a six-week program of study (approximately 280 hours total time commitment).
Students may also undertake the ILSC prior to, or immediately after, an ACICIS semester program or professional practicum program in order to prepare, or to augment their Indonesian language learning.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) students.
- Students may be eligible to receive 12 credit points towards their RMIT program.
- Discuss eligibility for credit towards your RMIT program with your Program Coordinator, and complete an approved study plan from your Program Coordinator (see details in Application process below).
NOTE: if approved to receive academic credit you will enrol into study abroad EXTL placeholder courses for which you will pay not tuition fees to RMIT.
Students must ensure they have sufficient funds to cover all associated costs outlined below.
Additional costs to consider:
- ACICIS Tuition fee - AUD$1,130 (three-week course) or AUD$2,032 (six-week course).
- Administration and Orientation fee (includes visa) AUD$471 (payable upon acceptance into the program).
Travel Insurance: students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here.
- Accommodation (costs vary depending on accommodation type)
- Spending money- food, transportation, etc
Please refer to specific ACICIS Application guidelines here
Step 1: RMIT School Approval
- Students will be provided with accommodation during the orientation period for all programs.
- ACICIS will assist students with finding appropriate longer-term accommodation. For more information refer here.
Step 2: Apply directly to ACICIS by:
- Confirm approval with your program coordinator by getting a study plan signed (you can do this at the same time as getting the ACICIS application forms signed).
Step 3: After you've applied directly to ACICIS, register here on Mobi by 15 October (for Sessions 1, 2) or 15 May (for Session 3) via the "Apply Now" button above.
- 1 September (for Sessions 1, 2)
- 1 April (for Session 3)
Your Mobi registration must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- Host acceptance: proof from the host that you have been accepted
The Global Experience Office will contact you once you have completed your registration in Mobi to advise of the next steps (eg predeparture info, enrolment, etc).
Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for additional funding options. Students may also be eligible for the Australian Government OS-Help Loan
ACICIS - email@example.com
Global Experience Office - firstname.lastname@example.org