Programs > Brochure
STP | Don Quijote Spanish Language Intensive
Melbourne, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Host Institution Start Date||Approx. Host Institution End Date|
|Rolling||2018||31/12/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application/registration process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application/registration deadline.
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Global, Urban and Social Studies|
|Study level:||Postgraduate, Undergraduate||Program type:||Global Summer Programs|
|About your Experience|
- Host institution: Don Quijote.
- Classes available in five Spanish cities: Barcelona, Madrid, Salamanca, Tenerife, Valencia
- Classes also available across Latin America - see here for more info
- Program dates: Flexible (courses start every Monday)
- Availability: Unlimited
The Intensive Spanish 25 Program includes 25 Spanish classes a week (25 hours a week) in one of 5 cities in Spain.
Further information on the program can be found on the Don Quijote website here.
- All RMIT students (undergraduate and postgraduate coursework)
- 12 RMIT credit points for the two week Intensive Spanish 25 program
- 24 RMIT credit points for the four week Intensive Spanish program
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT semester breaks.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator/Manager. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- Students who take 40 hours of class (2 week program) from complete beginner and complete and pass all assessments for the study units at A1 will be deemed to have completed the equivalent of Spanish 1
- Students who have completed Spanish 1 at RMIT and take 40 hours of class (2 week program) and complete and pass all assessments for the study units at A1.2 will be deemed to have completed the equivalent Spanish 2. Students should be at the end of their second year to gain the most from this program.
- Please note: students will need to set a placement test at RMIT after returning from the Don Quijote program, in order to continue Spanish at RMIT.
Cost for this program is approximately:
- 215 Euros per week for Barcelona, Madrid, Salamanca, Tenerife y Valencia. In addition there is a 65 Euro enrolment fee which includes books.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Internal travel
- Personal expenditure
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
Please refer to the main Don Quijote accommodation website for options and prices
Application and registration process
STEP 1: Seek study plan approval from your home RMIT School.
STEP 2: Apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval:
- IF SEEKING CREDIT: your RMIT school-approved study plan. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- IF NOT SEEKING CREDIT: an email or letter from your RMIT School endorsing the activity
- Short Term Mobility: Additional Program Information
- The city in Spain you would like to attend (Please choose from Barcelona, Madrid, Salamanca, Tenerife or Valencia)
- Whether you would like accommodation arranged by Don Quijote and what type of accommodation. If you want a double room and have a preferred person to share with, please include these details. Please refer to the links in the Program Costs section for accommodation prices.
- If you would like Airport Pick-up arranged. Please refer to the link in the Program Costs section for prices.
- The exact dates and duration you wish to undertake the program.
STEP 3: Successful candidates will be nominated to the host directly by RMIT Global Experiences
STEP 4: Don Quijote will contact you directly to register and arrange your payment.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
Global Urban and Social Studies
Ana Maria Ducasse
Email: email@example.comGlobal Experience Office