Programs > Brochure
STT | Unbound: Women in Startups and Social Enterprise in India
Bangalore, India (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Host Institution Start Date||Approx. Host Institution End Date|
|Summer||2018||01/12/2018 **||Rolling Admission||05/01/2019||18/01/2019|
|NOTE: The Mobi term Summer 2018 covers the period 5 January 2019 - 18 January 2019.|
** Indicates rolling admission application/registration process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application/registration deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
|Study level:||Undergraduate||Program type:||Global Summer Programs|
|Time of year:||Summer|
|About your Experience|
India is home to over one billion people and is consistently showing itself to be a hub for cutting edge innovation, with a thriving space program, a rising technology sector, and a flourishing startup scene.
The Women in Startups & Social Enterprise International Study Tour aims to equip participants with the skills and experience to work in a complex environment and in partnership with inspiring entrepreneurial women from varied backgrounds.
Over the course of this program, you will learn from inspiring female innovators as you explore Bangalore’s thriving startup & social enterprise ecosystem, and put your own entrepreneurial chops to the test in an intensive 3-day hackathon competition alongside your Australian cohort.
With guest workshops, site visits and interaction with Indian organisations, this practical program will turn the lessons from seasoned entrepreneurs into practical business applications.
Unbound is running this program from 5 - 19 January 2019.
For a detailed itinerary of the program, please click here.
The approximate cost of this program is AU$3,000 (Payable as $250 deposit + $2,750 balance).
This cost includes the following:
- Accommodation (including hotels, hostels, home-stays, overnight transport)
- Meals for the duration of the program
- 100+ contact hours of educational content and cultural experiences
- Expert program facilitators
- Coursework and educational content
- Translators and local guides
- Cultural and social activities
- Transport within the country (including airport pickup / drop-off)
- Pre-departure support
- Safety and security monitoring and planning
- RMIT Tuition Fees
- Host Country Visa (if applicable)
- Additional travel insurance
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here.
- Any RMIT student, subject to academic approval are invited to apply. No previous travel experience or academic pre-requisites are required.
Participants can earn academic credit towards their program through the following options:
- GUSS students can gain credit towards an elective by enrolling into:
- Undergraduate: HUSO1301 - International Perspective on Community Development (12 credit points)
- Engineering students can gain credit by enrolling into:
- Undergraduate: OENG1164 - Humanitarian Experiential Learning Project (12 credit points)
- Business students can gain credit by enrolling into:
- ?Undergraduate: BUSM4471 Business Internship 1 (12 credit points)
- For more information see rmitbuswil.com.au
- Other students can confirm alternative enrolment with your school/program coordinator.
- Apply first to Unbound for a place on a study tour by:
- Main Round: 19 October 2018
- Final Round: 19 November 2018
- Students accepted in to this program will be required to register on Mobi by 1 December 2018 by completing the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
- There are 10 x $3,000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Grants available to eligible Australian citizens enrolled in a bachelor/bachelor honours program.
For program information: Unbound
For course information and enrolment: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general Mobi enquiries: email@example.com