Programs > Brochure
CO | University Scholars Leadership Symposium
Bangkok, Thailand (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||School of Global, Urban and Social Studies|
|Program type:||Global Work||Time of year:||Winter|
|About your Experience|
- Program Dates: 2 - 6 August 2018
The symposium is creatively planned to help you discover your hidden potential as well as actively engages you in learning experiences beyond the Conference rooms. The event will enable you to acquire robust confidence, goal-setting capabilities, self-reliance and independence, and sharpen your cutting edge, prerequisites for the next generation of 21st Century leaders.
Held annually in a developing country in the Asia Pacific region, more than 4,300 emerging young leaders from more than 60 countries have undergone this international event. Upon completion of this one-week program, many delegates have gone back to their countries with new vision and passion to effect changes and to transform lives in their communities.
We want to invite every outstanding young person who has the passion to be a global trial blazer to 2018 USLS. Remember, education is not just knowledge or expertise; it is also about attitudes and values that are abundantly meted out at the Symposium.
For more detailed information about the program, please visit this website.
This program is open to all students.
This program is currently not for credit.
The total cost of this program is approximately USD 1,107 - 1,207.
This cost includes the following:
- Application Fee (USD 30)
- Delegate Registration Fee (USD 1077 - 1177)
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal Expenditure
- Expenses related to arriving before the program start date and departing after the program end date
- Apply directly to University Scholars AND register on Mobi through this program page
- To apply to University Scholars, please complete the Delegate Form 2018 and submit it to UN@humanitarianaffairs.org
- B Art (International Studies) or Dip of Languages students who would like to be considered for funding will also need to submit a 100 personal statement in the 2. Short Term Mobility: General Information questionnaire
- University Scholars will assess applications and provide application outcomes directly to students.
- Successful students will be provided instructions on registering as a delegate.
Winter 2018 - There are two funded places available to Bachelor of Arts (International Studies) or Diploma of Languages students. The funding will cover the registration fee, including accommodation.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.