- Host institution: RMIT Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
- Program dates: 1 – 19 July 2019
RMIT Vietnam is running an intensive three week study tour program over the RMIT Melbourne mid-semester break!
Join students from Vietnam and around the world for an intensive three-week for-credit study program in one of the world’s most dynamic cities.
See the Vietnam Study tour website for more information
This short-term program is running during the Melbourne winter mid-semester break, this will allow students to gain credit outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at RMIT Vietnam
- All RMIT students, undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework)
For 2019, there are three distinct course offerings (see here
for more detailed course info)
Academic credit at RMIT Melbourne
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- All courses are worth 12 RMIT credit points
- Numerical grades with GPA weighting will be received
** RMIT student travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to RMIT (under current fee arrangement e.g. HECS-HELP etc)
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- See more information about RMIT fees here
|These are costs charged by the host uni for any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- See here for more information about program fees for this program
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please see here
RMIT Vietnam offer assistance in finding suitable accommodation during your time in Ho Chi Minh City.
Application and selection process
STEP 1: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 17 March 2019 Your application must include:
- Your RMIT school-approved study plan to note that you have electives available. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 2: Successful applicants will then be contacted by GEO, who will advise you about the next stage of your application
STEP 3: You will need to complete an application to RMIT Vietnam by 15 April 2019
For Winter 2019 the following grants are available:
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980