- Host institution: Linkoping University
- Program dates: 28 June 2019 – 27 July 2019
- Availability: 5 exchange places per course (see below for course info)
Linköping University Summer Academy is a four-week credit-bearing programme in Linköping, Sweden – Scandinavia. Linköping in southern Sweden is one of Sweden’s fastest growing cities, with approximately 150,000 inhabitants. High world-class technology, an innovative university and lively trade characterise the city. Linköping’s industry, municipality and the university collaborate closely.
for more information.
This short-term program may be particularly attractive to RMIT College of Business and Applied Science students; running during the Melbourne winter mid-semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two undergraduate electives or core courses outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at Linkoping:
- All undergraduate students (must have completed at least 1 year full time study)
Linköping University Summer Academy offers six courses over a range of disciplines. The courses for 2019 are:
for detailed course descriptions.
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the partner.
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
NOTE: this program is part of a reciprocal exchange agreement; if selected you will enrol into EXTL placeholder courses for which you will pay tuition fees to RMIT.
- 7.5 ECTS is equivalent to 12 RMIT credit points
** Travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to RMIT (under current fee arrangement e.g. HECS-HELP etc)
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- See more information about RMIT fees here
|These are costs charged by the host uni for any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- See here for more information about program fees for this program
- Accommodation (approx. $800)
- Optional field trips
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here
You have two options for accommodation during the Summer Academy: students can organise their own accommodation or you can accept the Linkoping Accommodation Package
for 5000 SEK ($AU800).
Application and selection process
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
STEP 4: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 18 March 2019
For Winter 2019 the following grants are available:
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980