Programs > Brochure
ST | Japan Design Collaboration Study Tour
Kyoto, Japan; Tokyo, Japan (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Architecture and Urban Design|
|Study level:||Undergraduate, Vocational Education||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
- Tour Leaders: Jennifer Crowley, Michele Meister and Leo Sadlek
- Program Dates: 17 – 28 September 2018
- Availability: minimum 15, maximum 22 students
- To collaborate with key design firms in Interior Design Department & furniture manufactures in Japan on a joint project where students from both programs work for a common resolution to an industry set brief.
- To attend design related shows and visit leaders within the field of decoration & design at their place of work, to attend showroom openings as the new seasons launch.
- To visit the museums and galleries of Tokyo, and be immersed in the context of a dense urban environment. The students record, document and reflect on their experience to produce an individual memoir of the experience.
Total for this study tour is approximately $3120 per student
- Airfare & visa will be at students own cost: approx $1200 return
- Travel insurance – full comprehensive $120.00 (if required)**
- Accommodation at student own expense: approx $1500 on a twin share
- $100 per day to cover transport, food & entertainment $1500
- Studio presentations, model making, stationary internet, tuition guidance & photocopying: $300 (to be billed as material fees)
- 7 day Japan Rail passes $336 per person (optional)
- RMIT tuition tee
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal Expenditure
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please refer here.
Second year students from:
- AD020 Associate Degree in Interior Decoration and Design
- AD007 Associate Degree in Design (Furniture)
- C5333 Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration
- ARCH1384 Professional Interior Practice (12 credit points) EMPL7063C Industry Networking / GRAP2387 Independent prof (12 credit points)
Students are required to submit an application on Mobi with a completed Selection task to be selected/shortlisted.
Selection will also be based on GPA and academic performance.
STEP ONE: Apply for this program on Mobi by clicking on the "Apply Now" button on this page by 1 May 2018.
Complete the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
- Students are required to complete a Selection Task for this program. Upload your document in PDF format to Questionnaires > 2. Short Term Mobility: General Information > 5. Additional Supporting Documents
STEP TWO: Approved students will be notified from 29 March 2018
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Mobility website for funding options.
The last day students can withdraw without financial penalty is 27 April 2018.