Programs > Brochure
GWT | Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program (NIYEP)
Nanjing, China (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
|Study level:||Postgraduate, Undergraduate||Program type:||Global Work|
|About your Experience|
**Apply directly to the Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office by 31 March 2018**
Only students who have been accepted by the Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office should proceed with their registration here. The registration form on Mobi will close on 30 April 2018.
Nanjing is the capital of Jiangsu Province in East China — one of the most developed areas in the country. As a world-renowned historical and cultural city, Nanjing boasts its long history and rich resources in S&T, education and transportation with strong economy (appr. 151 billion US dollars in GDP as of 2016). The City covers an area of 6,587 square kilometers with the population of nearly 8.3 million. Starting in 2017, Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program (NIYEP) is sponsored and funded by Nanjing City government. In partnership with companies and universities based in Nanjing, the Program highlights internship and exchange activities designed for college students from selected countries, including the U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Canada and Australia. The purpose of the Program is to help foreign college students obtaining personal and in-depth experiences of working and living in China, and looking into overall situations in China and Nanjing through their own eyes. Besides, it helps promote communication and friendship with ordinary Chinese people, particularly the youth in China.
This year’s NIYEP will last for about 3 weeks, starting from July 5 to July 23 in 2018. Each foreign student will team with one Chinese companion for better understanding and friendship between them. The Program will be implemented within the city of Nanjing with 10-day internships in local companies.
View the 2018 Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program NIYEP program info and Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program NIYEP Tentative Itinerary.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students from RMIT
- Preferably specializing in engineering, biotech, biomedicine, smart and high-end manufacturing, electronics, integrated circuits and ICT, AI, MBA, banking and financing, with good academic and behavioral performance at school
- Having a strong desire for deep understandings of China
- Good health condition and adaptability to cross-cultural working & living environments
- Willingness to abide by China's laws and regulations, to accept and comply with administrative rules established by the company/entity offering internships, and to respect all managers and colleagues of the above-mentioned company/entity
- Willingness to accept job assignments and do his/her due diligence
If you'd like to receive academic credit for this program, please contact and check with your school/program coordinator. Students who have been approved for credit must complete a study plan.
- Nanjing City Government covers expenses of accommodation, domestic transportation (in Nanjing) and applicable insurance and other expenses incurred by implementation of the Program, but not including the expenses for international travel
- No salary or allowance is paid for NIYEP participation, including internships
Additional costs to consider, but not limited to:
- RMIT Tuition Fee (if receiving credits)
- General Living Expenses
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance via the approved and participating program, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please see here.
Email your Nanjing International Youth Exchange Program NIYEP Application Form by 31 March 2018 directly to:
Mr. Ding Zhao
Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office
Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office
- Completed NIYEP application form
- Copy of your official RMIT academic transcript
- Copy of your RMIT student ID
- Letter of recommendation (recommended)
Students will be notified of an application outcome by the Nanjing Foreign Affairs Office.
Successful applicants from RMIT will then need to register with the Global Experience Office on Mobi through this program by 30 April 2018. (use the "Apply Now" button)
Your registration on Mobi will be reviewed by the Global Experience Office and if complete, your status will change to 'Accepted by RMIT'. You will receive an email from the Global Experience Office advising to complete the next steps.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
If you have any questions regarding:
- NIYEP, please contact Mr. Ding Zhao, Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobi registration, please contact - email@example.com