Programs > Brochure
GWT | Peru Education Placement
Urubamba, Peru (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Education|
|Program type:||Global Work||Time of year:||Spring|
|About your Experience|
- Program Leader: Julie Carmel and Nicky Carr
- Host Organisation: Challenges Abroad
- Dates: 29 September - 20 October 2018
- Optional Tour: 20 - 26 October 2018
- Availability: TBC
Students will focus on building a conducive learning environment with partnered schools while teaching English lessons and conducting extra-curricular activities with their students. Lessons should be delivered in an engaging, fun and interactive way that will engage children and teachers alike, breaking the cycle of rote-learning. Students will also have the option to travel on a 1 week tour of Machu Picchu following the end of their placement.
This program is open to Bachelor of Early Childhood students.
Students will earn credits towards one of the following courses:
- TCHE2372 - Applying a Project Approach in Early Childhood
- TCHE2589 - Cross-Cultural Teaching and Learning
The approximate cost of this program is $2,350AUD.
This cost includes the following:
- Pre-departure sessions
- Preparatory briefing materials
- Most meals
- In-country transport, including airport transfers
- All accommodation (weekend accommodation is optional)
- In-country support
- RMIT tuition fees
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Additional travel insurance (if applicable)
- Personal expenditures
**Please Note: Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please refer here.**
- Submit an expression of interest to Julie Carmel
- Accepted students will need to register through this page.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Mobility website for funding options.
For program inquiries, please contact Julie at email@example.com.
For all other inquiries, please contact Ariel at firstname.lastname@example.org.