- Host institution: University of the Arts London
- Program dates: various June – July 2019
This is a short-term study abroad (fee paying) opportunity. UAL offer many short courses across Fine Art, Graphic and Communication Design, Fashion and Textiles, Jewellery and Theatre. See here
for more information.
Academic / course details at UAL
- Undergraduate students, at least 1 year of full time studies completed
- GPA and other eligibility requirements may vary depending on the course
Academic credit at RMIT
- Courses are offered in Communication and Graphic Design, Fashion, Fine Art and Journalism, PR, Media and Publishing
- Courses are listed here
- Note that not all of the UAL course offerings are sufficient for RMIT credit
This may be an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
NOTE: if approved to receive academic credit, you will enrol into study abroad EXTL placeholder courses for which you will pay not tuition fees to RMIT.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 15 credits at UAL is usually considered equivalent to 12 RMIT credit points
This is a fee-paying opportunity, pay close attention to the tuition fee for each course.
** RMIT student travel insurance:
|These are costs charged by the host uni for course fees and any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- See UAL's webpage for more information about fees for this program
- Tuition fees are charged by the host university for this program
- NOTE that these cannot be deferred onto a HECS-HELP loan automatically as with other RMIT courses, but you may be eligible for an OS-HELP loan to assist with the costs
- Online registration fee
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please see here
Summer Study Abroad students have the option to reserve a space in 1 of UAL's halls of residences
Application and registration process
Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT School / Program Manager and seek study plan approval (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval
Apply direct to the host university here
: register via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 1 June 2019
Your registration must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- Host acceptance: proof from the host that you have been accepted
: You will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your registration.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980