NOTE: students for this program should apply directly to Rikkyo in the first instance
- Host institution: Rikkyo University
- Program dates: 01 – 19 July 2019
Rikkyo University presents the Short-Term Intensive Japanese Program on Niiza Campus. Participants need to arrive and check in at the accommodation on Sunday June 30 and check out on July 20, 2019.The entire program comprises 45 hours of class room instruction on Japanese language plus 25 hours of lecture on Japanese society and culture including fields trips.
Upon completing the full 3-week program, participants will be given a certificate of completion and an official transcript.
Please see the website here
for more information
Academic / course details at Rikkyo
- All undergraduate students approved via study plan and accepted by the host uni
Academic credit at RMIT
- The program comprises 45 hours of classroom instruction on Japanese language and 25 hours of lectures on Japanese culture and society, and students will earn 4 credits (2 for Japanese language and 2 for Japanese culture and society). See more info here
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 4 Rikkyo credits are usually considered 12 RMIT credit points
NOTE: if approved to receive academic credit you will enrol into study abroad EXTL placeholder courses for which you will pay not tuition fees to RMIT.
for this program is approximately: $AU3900 (300,000 JPY)
** RMIT student travel insurance:
|Program costs (incl tuition)
|These are costs charged by the host uni for course fees and any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- See here for more information about fees for this program
- Tuition fees are charged by the host university for this program
- NOTE that these cannot be deferred onto a HECS-HELP loan automatically as with other RMIT courses, but you may be eligible for an OS-HELP loan to assist with the costs
- Accommodation (see below)
- Admin fees
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students are now covered by RMIT’s travel insurance, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more info, please see here
Rikkyo offer accommodation at the Tachikawa Memorial International Hall located on the Niiza campus for the duration of the program. Classes are held on the Niiza campus, only a five-minute walk away from the accommodation. The Niiza campus is conveniently located near supermarkets, convenience stores, restaurants, and other facilities.
Costs vary depending on type of room (2-person shared) 83,540 yen, (4-person shared) 74,670 yen.
Application and registration process
Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT School / Program Manager and seek study plan approval (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval
Apply direct to the host university online
by 20 March 2019
- NOTE: Applications need to include:
- Your official RMIT academic transcript (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a free copy via eQUALS
- A letter of recommendation in sealed envelopes issued by an academic advisor or supervising professor (must be sent via post)
: register via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 14 April 2019
Your registration must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- Host acceptance: proof from the Rikkyo that you have been accepted
: You will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your registration.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980