Programs > Brochure
ST | Global Fashion Enterprise Europe
Amsterdam, Netherlands; London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Fashion and Textiles|
|Study level:||Postgraduate||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
- Tour Leader: Dr Carol Tan
- Program Dates: 10 – 23 February 2019
- Availability: 15 – 20 places
The format for the course delivery is via a global study tour where you will travel to Amsterdam and London. This may include visits to specific fashion events (e.g., trade shows, conferences, fashion weeks), fashion production sites (e.g., manufacturing facilities) and fashion enterprises.
The study tour will also include collaborative projects with classes and assessable tasks hosted by partner institutions. Project briefs will be set by industry.
Program cost (approx.)
The approximate total cost of this program is AU$2,500.
Costs include the following:
- 14 nights accommodation (quad share)
- Train from Amsterdam to London
- Coach transfers from hotel to train station in Amsterdam and London
- RMIT tuition tee
- Host Country Visa (if applicable)
- Personal Expenditure
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
- Students enrolled in the MC213 Master of Fashion (Entrepreneurship) who have completed MKTG1310 Fashion Entrepreneurship
- BUSM4721 - Global Fashion Enterprise (12 credit points)
Students will travel to Amsterdam and London in February 2019. The study tour will start officially on the 11th of February. However, you will need to arrive Amsterdam by the 10th of February.
We will travel to London by train on the 17th of February. Our London segment begins on the 18th of February and finishes by the 24th of February.
Application and Selection process
STEP ONE: Apply for this program on Mobi by clicking on the "Apply Now" button on this page by 06 August 2018.
Complete the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
- Under 1. Statement of Purpose please include a short statement about why you want to undertake the program (personally and academically) and how the $1000 Mobility Grant would be of assistance
STEP TWO: Approved students will be notified by 24 August 2018
- 10 x $1000 RMIT Mobility Grants
If you withdraw from the program after Friday 30 August 2018, you may incur financial penalties.
School of Fashion & Textiles
Course Coordinator: Global Fashion Enterprise