Programs > Brochure
ST | Low Carbon Developments India Study Tour (BUIL1320)
Jaipur, India; Mumbai, India; New Delhi, India (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Property, Construction and Project Management|
|Study level:||Undergraduate||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
- Program Leaders: Usha Iyer-Raniga and Rebecca Leshinsky
- Dates: 24 August to 03 September 2018
- Available places: 13
This study tour will provide unique insight into the construction industries in India. Students will visit New Delhi, Jaipur and Mumbai:Eligibility:
- New Delhi: visit Amity University, an NGO: Development Alternatives and IIT Delhi. You will also see some iconic structures in the city.
- Jaipur: visit sustainable affordable housing project led by B3B.
- Mumbai: visit iconic building and construction sites across the city.
Only student from the below undergraduate programs are eligible to apply for this study tour:
- BH112 - Bachelor of Applied Science (Project Management) (Honours)
- BH113 - Bachelor of Applied Science (Property and Valuation) (Honours)
- BH114 - Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) (Honours)
Selected students enrol into BUIL1320 Low Carbon Developments in Flexible Term 2018.
Program cost and Itinerary:
- Overall cost of program and itinerary details will be confirmed shortly by the program leader.
- Materials fee of $1500 applies. Last day to withdraw/cancel is 04 June 2018.
Additional costs to consider (but not limited to):
- RMIT tuition fees
- Expenses relating to arriving before the program start and departing after program end date
- Personal expenses (eg, meals, transport)
- Host country visa (if applicable)
RMIT students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed info (eg, full Product Disclosure statement, inclusions, exclusions), please see here.
- Only selected students can register for this study tour through Mobi by selecting 'Apply Now' above by 04 June 2018. Complete the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
- complete the Material Fee form BUIL 1320 and upload it on Mobi under Section 5: Additional Supporting Info and/or Documents.
- After the registration deadline, the program leader will in contact to provide you with additional information and instructions related your enrolment and predeparture to India.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.