Programs > Brochure
STP | Winter in Germany (University of Stuttgart)
Stuttgart, Germany (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
|Study level:||Postgraduate, Undergraduate||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Minimum GPA:
|As per host institution requirements|
|Program type:||Global Summer Programs|
|About your Experience|
- Host institution: University of Stuttgart
- Program dates: 12 January 2019 – 22 February 2019
- Availability: 10 RMIT students
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to students interested in German language. Running during the Melbourne summer semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two electives or core courses outside the main semesters.
- 1 year of full time studies completed
- GPA of 2.75
It is compulsory to take 1 German Language course + 1 subject course
- German Language courses (9 ECTS)
- Offered at three different levels. You complete a placement test to put you into the correct level
- Subject courses (4 ECTS) In addition to the German language course, you will need to choose from one of the following courses (all taught in English)
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 7.5 ECTS is usually considered 12 RMIT credit points
Cost for this program is approximately: €1200
- Program fee
- Homestay housing
- Public transport
- RMIT tuition fee
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
While participating in the Winter University, Stuttgart offer homestay accommodation
Application and selection process
STEP 1: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 23 SEPTEMBER 2018
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT school-approved study plan. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 2: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
STEP 3: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experience, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 15 October 2018.
For Summer 2018/9 the following grants are available:
- 10 x $1000 Mobility Grants available!
Global Mobility Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980