- Tour Leader: Charles Anderson
- Program Dates: 24 – 31 August 2018
- Availability: 6 places
The main objectives of this EMiLA’s Summer school in its 10th season are to work on projects around large-scale landscape entities, and explore methods and design solutions to increase Nature in an Urban and Port context.
The introductory topic will be “Between the Seine riverbed and monumental cliffs, how to reconnect the port city of Le Havre with an estuarine nature to the city?”
||Kick-off meeting at DDTM STH Le Havre Address: 216 Boulevard de Strasbourg Le Havre.
||Field trips by sea across the port and city and earthwork workshop at chosen sites
||Reflection, interventions, exchange, collaboration in workshop situation
||Presentation, exhibition, debate.
Costs to consider:
** Travel insurance:
- Workshop: €400, packed lunch, boat excursion and day trips
- RMIT tuition fee
- Accommodation - Hotel La Fregate has been reserved to you at 45€ per person for a single room. Other Hotels exist at Le Havre but there is neither camping nor Youth Hostels.
- Host Country Visa (if applicable)
- Personal Expenditure
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
- Only students enrolled in ARCH1355/ARCH1358/ARCH1361 LA Design studio 6 /7 /8
Application and Selection process
- ARCH1355/ARCH1358/ARCH1361 LA Design studio 6 /7 /8
STEP ONE: Submit EOI directly to program leader
STEP TWO: Approved students will be directed to register via Mobi
STEP THREE: Register for this program on Mobi by clicking on the "Apply Now" button on this page by 27 July 2018.
Complete the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.