The Chicago - New York Photography Tour provides students with an exciting alternative to traditional classroom based learning. It offers students with first hand experience of the shaping of knowledge through experience of the cultural, historical and contemporary aspects of art and photographic practice in the United States.
The course aims to develop student’s self-awareness and the ability to think critically about what they are experiencing and to keep effective written journals and visual diaries that are later sourced for writing an essay on their experience. Whilst in Chicago & New York, the tour will visit a number of major museums, contemporary galleries, artist’s studios and connect with working photographers to gain an understanding of both art and commercial areas. In Rocherster the tour will focus on the legacy and history of Kodak. Visits will include the Eastman Museum
& the Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Interested in learning more? Come along to an info session on Friday 14 September (B06.02.04) 12.45pm
The approximate cost of this program is AU$5,200.
This cost includes the following:
- Airfare, Accommodation (based shared), Transportation within the USA between major cities (air+train)
Additional costs to consider:
- RMIT tuition tee
- Host Country Visa (if applicable)
- Personal Expenditure
** Travel insurance:
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
- all RMIT students (undergraduate or postgraduate coursework) with preference given to students in Photography disciplines
Application and Selection process
STEP ONE: Apply for this program on Mobi by clicking on the "Apply Now" button on this page by 15 September 2018.
Complete the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information, please include
- Statement of purpose outlining (one page):
- What you wish to achieve from this program
- Why you are interested in participating in the program
- Why you would make an excellent Global Experience Ambassador
STEP TWO: Approved students will be notified and directed to enrol