- Host institution: Yonsei University
- Program dates: (students may attend one or both Sessions)
- Session 1:27 Dec 2018 – 17 Jan 2019
- Session 2: 21 Jan 2019 – 13 Feb 2019
offers a 6-week winter program at its Sinchon campus for international students who would like to enjoy the winter in Seoul, Korea.
The winter program is composed of two separate 3-week sessions, with intensive morning coursework and unique afternoon Korean language and Taekwondo classes. At the weekend, students can enjoy Korean winter activities. See their website
for more information about the program.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to RMIT undergraduate students, running during the Melbourne summer semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two undergraduate electives courses outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at Yonsei
- RMIT undergraduate students (must be approved by study plan to receive RMIT credit)
Students undertake an Academic Course (3 Korean credits) as well as a Korean Language or culture course (1 Korean credit)
See here for the course list
(note that this is may change without prior notice)
Session 1 (27 Dec 2018 – 17 Jan 2019)
Session 2 (21 Jan 2019 – 13 Feb 2019)
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Academic Area. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 3 – 4 Korean credits is usually considered approximate to 12 RMIT credit points
NOTE: if approved to receive academic credit you will enrol into study abroad EXTL placeholder courses
for which you will pay not tuition fees to RMIT.
See here for costs for this program
- Application Fee: KRW 100,000
- Tuition Fee: KRW 1,600,000, one session only
- Tuition Fee: KRW 3,200,000, both sessions
Additional costs to consider (but not limited to):
Student travel insurance
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
On campus accommodation is offered. See here
Application and registration process
Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT Academic area. Seek study plan
approval about where this will fit in your RMIT program structure.
: Apply directly to Yonsei University here
STEP 3: Register via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 30 Nov 2018
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT school-approved study plan (if seeking credit). See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- Your approval form from Yonsei
STEP 4: RMIT Global Experience office will then process your registration
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website
and Global Experience website
for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980