Programs > Brochure
ST | Global Trends in Property
Barcelona, Spain; London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Design & Social Context (DSC)||RMIT School:||Property, Construction and Project Management|
|Study level:||Postgraduate||Program type:||Study Tours (Global Intensives)|
|About your Experience|
- Program Leader: Judith Callanan
- Program Dates: 09 – 19 January 2019
- Availability: 20 places
In this course you will participate in an intensive study tour which focuses on new technologies in Property including Proptech and Blockchain.
You will visit iconic property sites and evaluate best practice across diverse organisations. These experiences will develop your insight into local practices and how these practices inform and are impacted on global trends in property. You will synthesise and expand your knowledge of international best practice in property markets.
This course includes a study tour conducted during an intensive period The study tour offers a unique forum to develop your practical knowledge and skills which focus on global trends in property.
The estimated total cost is AU$2,500 to AU$3,000, and includes the following:
- Flights from London to Barcelona
- Accommodation in each city on a twin basis (share with one other in a room with 2 beds)
- transfers as follows:
- From hotel to Airport in London
- From airport to hotel in Barcelona
- Breakfast each morning
- Welcome dinner in London (excluding any drinks)
- Farewell dinner in Barcelona (excluding any drinks)
- Flight from Melbourne to London, and Barcelona to Melbourne
- RMIT tuition tee
- Host Country visa (if applicable)
- Personal Expenditure
- Additional Travel Insurance coverage
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here.
- All postgraduate students in School of Property, Construction & Project Management (PCPM) with a preference to those enrolled in MC212. Also open to students in IT, Business and Urban Planning degree.
- MKTG1434 Global Trends in Property (12 credit points
|9 January||Meet in London and welcome dinner|
|10 - 11 January||Meetings and site tours|
|12 - 13 January||London free time|
|14 January||Travel to Barcelona|
|15 - 16 January||Meet property and PropTech firms in Barcelona and site tours|
|17 - 18 January||Participate in the RMIT (no cost) Inaugural PropTech &
Blockchain discussion on land registration & recording of real property interests.
Closing dinner 18 January in Barcelona.
STEP ONE: Apply for this program on Mobi by clicking on the "Apply Now" button on this page by 16 November 2018
Complete the following questionnaires:
- Outbound Student Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
STEP TWO: Successful students will be notified of the outcome of their application and directed to enrol into MKTG1434.
For the Summer 2018 session, there are up to 20 x $1000 Global Experience Mobility Grants available.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
Cancellation date: 16 November 2018
Students will pay the travel agents directly. If they fail to pay for a booked flight by the due date they may have to pay a cancellation fee.