- Host institution: University of Westminster
- Program dates:
- Session One: 15 June – 6 July 2019
- Session Two: 6 July – 27 July 2019
- Availability: unlimited as per host acceptance
The University of Westminster are running a summer program this year, with a wide range of exciting classes, a great social programme and a central London location. Escape the Melbourne winter to leafy London! See here for more information.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to RMIT undergraduate students studying in Business, Media and Psychology disciplines; running during the Melbourne winter semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two electives outside the main semesters.
- GPA 2.75 (students with GPA less than this assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- RMIT undergraduate students approved via study plan (see Application and registration process below)
Academic / course details at University of Westminster
Westminster offer over 20 different courses over two sessions! You can choose to study one module per session from a range of disciplines including:
Please see here for the full list of courses (modules) available.
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the host.
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Manager. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 20 Westminster credits (one module) is usually considered equivalent to 12 RMIT credit points
NOTE: if approved to receive academic credit you will enrol into study abroad EXTL placeholder courses for which you will pay not tuition fees to RMIT.
See here for cost information.
|These are costs charged by the host uni for course fees and any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- Tuition fees are charged by the host university for this program
- NOTE that these cannot be deferred onto a HECS-HELP loan automatically as with other RMIT courses, but you may be eligible for an OS-HELP loan to assist with the costs
- Online registration fee
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
** Travel insurance:
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
Accommodation provided in University Halls.
Application and registration process
STEP 1: Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT School / Program Manager and seek study plan approval (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
STEP 2: Apply direct to University of Westminster here by 1 May 2019
Note: your application will need to include a copy of your RMIT transcript. Please email email@example.com to request a complimentary academic transcript
STEP 3: Register via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 1 May 2019.
Your registration must include:
Academic Approval: your RMIT school-approved study plan. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
Supporting documents: Your University of Westminster approval letter
STEP 4: The RMIT Global Experiences team will then provide you with predeparture support including travel insurance and enrolment information.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980