Programs > Brochure
STP | Summer in London (University of Westminster)
London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||RMIT applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Key Experience Criteria|
|RMIT College (AUS)/School (VTN):||Any compatible discipline||RMIT School:||Any compatible discipline|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Minimum GPA:
|As per host institution requirements|
|Program type:||Global Winter Programs|
|About your Experience|
- Host institution: University of Westminster
- Program dates:
- Session One: 15 June – 6 July 2019
- Session Two: 6 July – 27 July 2019
- Availability: unlimited as per host acceptance
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to RMIT undergraduate students studying in Business, Media and Psychology disciplines; running during the Melbourne winter semester break, this will allow students to complete one or two electives outside the main semesters.
- GPA 2.75 (students with GPA less than this assessed on a case-by-case basis)
- RMIT undergraduate students approved via study plan (see Application and registration process below)
Westminster offer over 20 different courses over two sessions! You can choose to study one module per session from a range of disciplines including:
- Liberal Arts and Law (e.g. 4CLST001X: Working across Cultures in a Global World)
- Media, Arts and Design (e.g. 4TVPR001X Television in London)
- International Business (e.g. 6PJMN001W: International Project Management)
- Psychology (e.g 5PSYC001X: Psychology of City Life)
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the partner.
Academic credit at RMIT
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Manager. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 20 Westminster credits (one module) is usually considered equivalent to 12 RMIT credit points
See here for cost information.
Their costs include:
- Program fee
- Social program (optional)
- Additional field trips / course materials
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer here
Accommodation provided in University Halls.
Application and registration process
STEP 1: Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT School / Program Manager and seek study plan approval (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
STEP 2: Apply direct to University of Westminster here by 1 May 2019
Note: your application will need to include a copy of your RMIT transcript. Please email email@example.com to request a complimentary academic transcript
STEP 3: Register via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 1 May 2019.
Your registration must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT school-approved study plan. See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.
- Supporting documents: Your University of Westminster approval letter
STEP 4: The RMIT Global Experiences team will then provide you with predeparture support including travel insurance and enrolment information.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980