Kedge International Summer School
- Host institution: Kedge Business School
- Program dates: 10 - 21 June 2019
- Availability: 4 places for RMIT SIM students
offers students several different thematic packages over 2 different campuses in the South of France.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to RMIT College of Business students, running during the SIM mid-semester break; this will allow students to complete courses outside the main semesters
Academic / course details at Kedge Business School
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the partner.
- RMIT SIM students approved via study plan (see Application section below)
- Students must have electives available in the program
- GPA 2.0 or above
|Bordeaux Package 1 (10 – 21 June)
|COURSE 1: MANAGEMENT OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN
|COURSE 2: DESIGN OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN
Academic credit at RMIT
|Marseille Package 1 (10 – 21 June)
|COURSE 1: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT & ADVANCED MARKETING FOR SPORTS ORGANISATIONS
|COURSE 2: SPORTS MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Manager. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 1 package (2 courses) at Kedge is usually considered equivalent to 1 x 12 credit point course at RMIT
NOTE: this program is part of a reciprocal exchange agreement; if selected you will enrol into EXTL placeholder courses
for which you will continue to pay tuition fees to SIM.
Costs to consider (but not limited to) …
** Travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to SIM (under current fee arrangement
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- Contact SIM for more information about your fees
|These are costs charged by the host university for things like field trips, university social events etc
- See here for more information about program fees for this program
- Accommodation (30-50€ per night)
- Online registration fee (100€)
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs vary depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living in Bordeaux and Marseille
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here
Students are recommended to take accommodation in the residences suggested by Kedge Business School as these are, safe, centrally located, serve as meeting points for the group and are well-served by public transportation for an easy access to the Kedge Campus.
A certain number of studios and flats have already been pre-booked and must be confirmed as soon as possible. There are options for both shared (approx. 30€ per night) and single (approx. 50€ per night) housing. See here for more information about Marseille
and here for more information about Bordeaux
Application and selection process
Make an appointment with your RMIT Student Experience Coordinator
to discuss this opportunity and seek study plan
: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 15 February 2019
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs) Melbourne
STEP 4: If nominated, you will then be contacted by the Global Experience office, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by April 2019
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980
Student Experience Coordinator RMIT SIM students