- Host institution: Aalto University
- Program dates:
- 20 May– 7 June 2019
- 10 June – 28 June 2019
- Availability: 1 student per course
Study courses related to International Business in Finland at Aalto University’s Mikkeli
Campus over a 3-week intensive period! See here
for more information about the program.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to RMIT Bachelor of Business students; running during the SIM semester break, this will allow students to complete an elective course outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at Aalto University
- RMIT SIM Bachelor of Business students approved via study plan (see application section below)
- Students must have electives available in the program
- ?GPA 2.0 or above
Courses are taught intensively (5 days per week). It is only possible to take one course per module / period as attendance in classes is mandatory. See module information here.
Note: course offerings may be subject to change at the partner.
Academic credit at RMIT
||20 May – 7 June
||Social Media Analytics 6ECTS
|Intermediate Macroeconomics 6ECTS
||10 – 28 June
||Consumer Culture 6ECTS
|Management Information Systems in International Business 6 ECTS
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
- 6 ECTS can be considered 12 RMIT credit points
NOTE: this program is part of a reciprocal exchange agreement; if selected you will enrol into EXTL placeholder courses
for which you will pay tuition fees to SIM.
Costs to consider (but not limited to) …
** Travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to SIM (under current fee arrangement
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- Contact SIM for more information about your fees
|These are costs charged by the host university for things like field trips, university social events etc
- Program fees might include:
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs vary depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living in Finland
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here
Aalto recommend students stay in accommodation via MOAS, more information here
. Costs are approximately 320 – 425 euro per month.
Application and selection process
Make an appointment with your RMIT Student Experience Coordinator
to discuss this opportunity and seek study plan
: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 15 February 2019
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
STEP 3: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs) Melbourne
STEP 4: If nominated, you will then be contacted by the Global Experience office, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 1 March 2019
Phone: +61 3 9925 9980
Student Experience Coordinator RMIT SIM students