- Host institution: Aalto University School of Business
- Program dates: 1 - 12 July 2019 (NOTE: there is also online teamwork in June and August)
- Availability: 5 exchange places for RMIT students (all locations)
Discover the advantages of digital trends, emerging technologies, business design thinking and data-driven business, while enjoying the nightless summer nights, sauna with locals, beautiful beaches, buzzing start-up scene and Nordic superfoods in Finland's capital city Helsinki.
for more information.
This short-term program will be particularly attractive to postgraduate Business students, running during the Vietnam mid-semester break, this will allow students to gain credit outside the main semesters.
Academic / course details at Aalto
- Postgraduate students only
- GPA of 2.0 required (some flexibility possible for students in their first semester of a Masters)
Academic credit at RMIT
- Learn and explore key topics in digital business
- Understand the constantly evolving digital business landscape both locally and globally
- Plan projects and understand the project management life-cycle
- Work in international multi-disciplinary virtual teams
- Become familiar with typical digital business scenarios
- Gain both theoretical and practical knowledge on digital business transforming industries
This is an opportunity for you to gain credit for your degree during the RMIT mid-semester break.
- The exact credit will need to be discussed with your RMIT Program Coordinator. You will need to complete a study plan as part of your application as per the application process below.
NOTE: this program is part of a reciprocal exchange agreement; if selected you will enrol into EXTL placeholder courses
for which you will pay tuition fees to RMIT.
** Travel insurance:
|These continue to be paid to RMIT (under current fee arrangement)
- Fees will be charged in line with the amount of credit approved. Expect to pay the same for a 12 credit point course as you would here
- See more information about RMIT fees here
|These are costs charged by the host uni for any associated costs like field trips, university social events etc
- See here for more information about program fees for this program (600€ minimum)
- Accommodation (1368 - 2688€ depending on option)
- Service fee
|Living and travel expenses
|Everything else! Travel and day-to-day costs varies depending on the country and how much you want to see / do.
- Host country visa (if applicable)
- Personal expenditure
- See this website for a comparison about the cost of living at your destination
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance (policy number: 41443
), although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here
Students can choose from 3 options (see here for more information
Application and selection process
- Organise own accommodation
- Hostel Domus Academica (dorm-style close to campus) single room 1368€ for 13 nights
- Hotel Helka (hotel-style) single room 2668€ for 13 nights
Discuss this opportunity with your RMIT School / Program Manager and seek study plan approval (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval
: apply via Mobi by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button above by 31 March 2019
Your application must include:
- Academic Approval: your RMIT School-approved study plan. (See here for more information about seeking study plan approval.)
- A statement of purpose about why you want to participate in this program and how it will benefit you personally and academically.
: Successful applicants will then be nominated to the host institution
: If nominated, you will then be contacted by Global Experiences, who will advise you about the next stage of your application. You will need to complete an application to the host institution by 18 April 2019
Global Mobility RMIT Vietnam
Global Experience Advisor (Short-Term programs)