European Internship Program - Expression of Interest
The European Internship Program provides opportunities for students in the School of Engineering to undertake work experience in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain.
Minimum GPA 3.0 or higher, AND
Completed 192 credit points in your School of Engineering undergraduate program AND
12 credit points of work integrated learning available in your undergraduate program
Internships will vary on length and start/end dates, but will be grouped into the following three periods.
November 2019 - February 2020
January 2020 - June 2020
July 2020 - December 2020
You should have at least 12 credits of Work Integrated Learning/Industry Placement available in your degree to participate in the European Internships Program.
Participation on the program itself has no cost, but you will incur the following associated costs:
Remuneration for your internship will depend on the host company and the laws of your host country and will be indicated on the position description. You can expect to receive a stipend to assist with your living costs and/or airfare.
Students on approved overseas activities receive complimentary travel insurance policy number: 41443, although you may require additional cover depending on your circumstances. For more detailed information, please refer here.
Expression of Interest and Application Process
Once your expression of interest is complete, you will be invited to a European Internship Program workshop hosted by the Global Experience Office and the Careers and Employability Office. The workshop will go through the application process, the types of placements and exploring skills for an international professional environment.
- Click the 'Register Now' button above to complete the expression of interest form before 24 March 2019.
- Please disclose the program period you would be interested in.
- Start your two micro credentials for the program;
- Feel free to attend any other jobs and career advice workshops to assist you with preparation for your CV and cover letter.
Available internship positions commencing between November 2019 - February 2020 will be disclosed in April 2019.
Once you receive an invitation to complete the European Internship Program - Application, click the "Apply Now" button to complete the application before 5 May 2019.
You will need to complete the following questionnaires and conduct an online video interview:
- Outbound Mobility: General Information
- Short Term Mobility: General Information
- For section 3. Academic Approval - Please upload an Academic Approval letter from your Program Manager regarding the type of credit you plan to receive if you complete your first preference position description.
- For section 5. Additional Supporting Info and/or Documents - Please upload your;
- Cover letter, written to your first preference organisation
- Two micro credential badges for WIL Ready and Application Package
- Confirm you completed your 1-2 minute online video interview through Vieple. If complete, please copy and paste this text ‘I have completed my Vieple video interview’.
- List your 1st and 2nd position description in the text box. Eg 1st = XX, 2nd = XX
Note: The position descriptions will be disclosed in April 2019 and can be downloaded through the European Internship Program - Application once open.
Available internship positions commencing between November 2019 - February 2020 will be disclosed in April 2019. Your application will be assessed by your School and a shortlist of candidates will be provided to the company for review, between May and June 2019.
Suitable nominees will be invited to complete an application directly to the host company in June 2019. Specific selection criteria will depend on the host company/country. Following this, you may be invited to a Skype interview with a representative from the host company.
If successful, you will receive confirmation documentation/contract from the host company by August 2019. At this stage you will need to complete an InPlace WIL Activity submission and a WIL Agreement. You will also be invited to attend a pre-departure session and workshop before your departure.
There are up to 10 x $2,000 RMIT Global Experience Mobility Grants available to eligible and accepted students into the European Internship Program.
There may be alternative ways to fund your trip. Please check the Scholarships website and Global Experience website for funding options.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org